by Joe K., inmate at Northpoint Training Center, KY
1. You shall glorify the God of all grace for His faithfulness and unfailing love.
2. You shall remember the Lord has blessed you with His abundant provision and His goodness is greater than man can measure.
3. You shall always be humble in heart and maintain an attitude of gratitude.
4. You shall always be happy to help your neighbor bear life’s load.
5. You shall not neglect those in need and try to do friendly deeds for everybody.
6. You shall share your hope and happiness with everyone.
7. You shall look for a rainbow of encouragement to brighten up your day when the dark clouds of disappointment overcast the sky.
8. You shall remain unruffled by unpleasant and painful circumstances.
9. You shall not dwell on critical or discouraging thoughts, and never speak unwholesome words that condemn or curse.
10. You shall wholeheartedly believe and constantly declare – “I am a child of the Creator of the cosmos. Jesus provides me awesome strength and I can do all things through Him. I am well equipped and empowered to overcome any obstacle.”
This is reprinted as written to reflect the mindset of a believer behind prison bars. It is not a paraphrase or interpretation of the 10 Commandments as found in the Old Testament, nor should it be read as anything other than a Christian inmate utilizing a format known to all to share his heart.